Head of Center for Policy and Area Studies Department
Urfi Khalid holds MA in Physical and Political Geography from the University of Punjab, Lahore. Prior to her current assignment, she was associated with Institute of Business Management as visiting faculty since 1997. She was teaching at various levels in international institutions in the Middle East before joining IoBM. Her research focus is on gender issues in the economic development of Pakistan. Her research paper has been published in Pakistan Business Review, April 2011. She presented her paper on Gender Issues of Pakistan Textile Industry at the seminar on “EU Trade Concessions to the Textile Industry of Pakistan” held at IoBM. She has attended various conferences and seminars held at Karachi University and IoBM.
Area of Research, is Gender Issues and their theoretical paradigms.
TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
Attended various Training Programmed and Workshop’s organized at IoBM.
- Training Seminar on ” Building Capacity for Writing More Effective Research Proposals” organized by PSSP Competitive Grants programme in May 2012
- Participation Certificate on Training Seminar on “Building Capacity for Writing More Effective Research Proposals
- Research Paper on “Theoretical Paradigm of Asian Development Bank’s Report on improving the status of women in Pakistan”, published in, Pakistan Business Review April 2011.
- Research paper on “Impact of Multinational Companies on gender equity in the textile industry in Pakistan”. , Pakistan Business Review April 2012 issue
- Research Paper on “Impact of Government Policies on Women Working in Agricultural Sector in Pakistan” published in PBR October 2013.
- Research Paper, “Academic Motivation and Performance of Female Students in Co-Education,” October 2014, Pakistan Business Review, v, 16, N 3: Institute of Business Management,
- Research Paper on “Relationship between Self Efficacy and Academic motivation” .This paper is published in the conference proceedings, ISBN 978-93-84422-01-1. On line the proceedings are indexed with Thomson Reuters and Xciers.
- Research Paper on “Work Life Conflict, a Gender and Family System Perspective “ In press for publication for Pakistan Business Review
- 6th Annual International Conference on Business and Society in a Global Economy, 17-20 December 2012, Athens, Greece on the topic of: “Impact of Modern Agricultural Policies on Women Working in Agriculture in Pakistan”.
- Conference organized by International Centre of Economics, Humanities & Management held at Bali Indonesia, on 10th and 11th December 2014 on the topic of: “Relationship between Self Efficacy and Academic motivation.
- CHAIRED a session at the Athens Institute for Education and Research 6th Annual International Conference on “Business and Society in a Global Economy”, December 2012.
- Chaired a session at the conference organized by International Centre of Economics, Humanities & Management held at Bali Indonesia, on 10th and 11th December 2014.
- Organized International Conference on Women in Development 2015, at IoBM as Conference Convener.