Accounting and Finance Department
Monday and Wednesday: 8:30 am to 10:00 am
Tuesday & Thursday: 8:30 am to 10:00 am, and 11:00 am to 12.00 pm Saturday: 12.00 pm to 1:00 pm
Currently working as Assistant Professor, Accounting and Finance faculty, at Institute of Business Management (IoBM). He obtained his bachelor of science degree in first class. He subsequently obtained an MBA from the IBA – Karachi. He also qualified the professional examination up to professional stage of Canadian Institute of Management Accountants (CMA).He is a mature executive with over twenty five years international airline financial management experience and service and manufacturing industry experience exceeding ten years in Canada. During airline service career as the head of finance and administration functions of PIA station at Amsterdam, Bahrain, Beijing, proactively managed all banking, legal, taxation, purchasing, insurance, auditors, security service providers, local hotel agreements and office accommodation and repairs and maintenance, transport fleet management and coordination with all local offices such as travel and cargo agencies, Civil Aviation Authority and the national carrier. He also worked as Controller in Canada for ten years in manufacturing industrial such as security equipment; food processing and defense technology company and service industries such as property management, food distribution, and member supported automobile owner’s association.
1976 MBA Institute of Business Administration 1975 BBA (Hons) Institute of Business Administration 1972 MBA Institute of Business Administration
1994-1996 Visiting faculty Inter College of Management – Beijing 2017-2008 Visiting faculty Bahria University – Karachi 2008 – till date Senior Fellow IoBM, Karachi
Finance Manager Pakistan International Airlines 1980-1981 (Colombo )1982 – 1983 (Bahrain)
1983 – 1986 (Amsterdam)
1992 – 1996 (Beijing)
Comptroller Al Safa Halal – Cambridge, Canada 2001-2003 Corporate Accountant Tecmotive Corp, Toronto, Canada 2003-2004 Controller Alarm Force Ind., Toronto, Canada 2004-2007
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- November 29-30, 2017: International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance – practice, Regulation & Sustainability.
- Workshop titled: “Islamic Finance for Academicians” 22nd August to Friday, 25th August, 2017, at the IBA City Campus in Karachi.
- Initiated complete computerized accounting system of PIA and implemented at all PIA stations. Also initiated direct billing system in mail revenue.
- Consultancy services in Security Leasing Company in 2007.
- Set up the billing and Accounting system in Al-Safa Halal at Canada.
- Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting and Advanced Management Accounting at IoBM.
- Qualitative and Quantitative research mainly in areas of Customer satisfaction, delayed flights, food services in the airline industry
Accepted to be published in March 2019
International Journal or Learning and Innovation-Increase in the no. of cinema goers due to induction of multiplexes in Karachi.
Published in 2018
Case study of PIA- International Journal or Learning and Innovation-Implementing and effecting cost control strategy and stations