Accounting and Finance Department
Monday/Wednesday 12.30 to 02.00
Tuesday Thursday 10.45 to 02.00
Syed Sarmad Hasan completed CMA from ICMA, Pakistan in 1994. He has worked in the corporate sector and international NGOs for about 25 years at various positions including CFO and Director Finance in several organizations in different countries. After a successful career in Accounting & Financial Management with diverse roles distinguished by commended performance and proven results he restarted his formal education and completed MBA in 2016 from UMS, Malaysia and is now pursuing PhD in Management Accounting. Sarmad’s area of expertise include strategy development, financial planning, analysis, managerial accounting and change management. His current research interest is in the field of organizational performance management in the not-for-profit sector and he has published two articles in 2018 in peer reviewed journals on the subject.
- 2016 MBA University Malaysia, Sabah2014 CERT. AMA, New York, USA1994 CMA Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan
1990 ACIS Institute of Corporate Secretaries, Pakistan
2018 till date Assistant Professor Institute of Business Management 2012-2015 Adjunct Faculty Asian University for Women, Bangladesh 2010 Visiting Faculty Lahore University of Management Sciences 2009 Visiting Faculty Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
2016 – 2018 Free Lance Consultant Malyasia
2012-2016 CFO Asian University for Women, Bangladesh 2010-2012 Regional Coordinator IUCN, Thailand 2000-2009 Director Finance IUCN, Pakistan 1997-2000 Manager Finance Euroconsult, Netherlands 1991-1996 Asst. Manager, Finance Pakland Cement, Ltd.
- MM Business Communication Limited, Chittagong: Developing business strategy
- Genix Pharma: Supervising Capstone: Feasibility study for a green field project
- Foundation Securities: Supervising Capstone: Compliance Issues in equity market of Pakistan
- Juicy Lucy: Supervising Capstone: Developing SOPs for Finance Department
- Genix Pharma: Supervising Capstone: Effect of currency devaluation on Pharma industry in Pakistan.
Consulting work: Organizational review and processes assessment – AUWSF Boston, USA in 2016
Trainer: Conducted several trainings in different organizations in Malaysia in 2017
Currently teaching corporate finance, strategic financial analysis & design, and analysis of financial statements at IoBM.
Organizational performance management, strategic planning and corporate governance, especially in the not-for-profit and social business sectors.
- Hasan, S. S. (2018). Performance Measurement – The Next Station. International Journal of Research Studies in Management (Philippines). 7(1), 85-98. DOI: 10.5861/ijrsm.2018.3011
- Hasan, S. S. (2018). Performance Measurement: How far it has traveled and where is it headed. International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, UK. 6(4), 238-251.
- Hasan, S. S. (2017). Mediation of performance appraisal between motivation, fairness and turnover in private universities in Bangladesh. MBA Thesis, Faculty of Business, Economics & Accountancy, UMS.
- Asian University for Women International Supporters Group
- Board member Mentors’ Educators Chittagong
- Advisor CRAB, Karachi