Assistant Professor & Research Consultant
Counseling Hours:Sunday 1:00-4:00
Mr. Nawaz Ahmad is Assistant Professor & Research Consultant at Institute of Business Management (IoBM) Karachi. Besides teaching research courses he is Editor of International Journal of Experiential Learning and Case Studies (IJELCS) – a double blind peer reviewed journal published by IoBM sami-annually. Being an active researcher, he is given responsibility to lead IFJ Publications Consultancy Support Center which primarily facilitates faculty, scholars, and students for their publications in impact factor journals.
He has been associated with the teaching profession for the last 18 years and Training and Research for 11 years. He has taught various subjects such as Research Methods, Advance Quantitative research, Islamic Finance, Corporate finance, Financial Management, Managerial Accounting, Economics, Econometrics, Financial Time Series, etc. in different Universities of Karachi like KARACHI University, SZABIST, IQRA University, Greenwich University and BAHRIA University. He has been providing trainings at Epla Laboratories, Boch Pharmaceuticals, DGTR (Directorate General of Training and Research) Customs, AKU – Examination Board, and different Universities. The training sessions consist of SPSS, E – Views, Research Issues, Management Issues, Economic issues, Analysis, etc. at different academic and Industrial forums.
At Greenwich University, he was Editor of the proceedings of Greenwich Multidisciplinary Research Conference (GMRC) and activated GRDC – Greenwich Research & Development Center whereas at Indus University he edited IJMS (Indus Journal of Management Sciences) and founded a Research Center. Thus being associated with research, he has published 61 research articles in national and international journals and 20 conference proceedings in the field of Management Sciences, Social Sciences, and Economics, which could be accessed at:
He has been an active member of Board of Studies (BoS) and Board of Advance Studies and Research (BASAR) of Greenwich University and Indus University. He is also member of Curriculum Committee who review existing courses and incorporate new courses as per industry requirements.
Mr. Ahmad has completed his MS from SZABIST, Karachi, Pakistan in the field of Management Sciences (Financial Economics). He has completed his PhD course work and tenure from University of Sind and currently compiling his PhD Dissertation titled “Measuring the Impact of Venture Financing on Entrepreneurship and Job Creation: A Case Study of Sindh”.
|PhD (Management Sciences)||University of Sindh Jamshoro (2018)|
|MS (Management Sciences)||SZABIST Karachi (2012)|
|MBA (Accounting & Finance)||PIMSAT Karachi (2001)|
|B.Com||Karachi University (1997)|
S.No Institute/Company Department Experience Designation 1 Institute of Business Management (IoBM) College of Business Management May 2016 till now Assistant Professor & Research Consultant 2 Indus University Research Aug 2013 – Feb 2015 Assistant Professor and Head of Research & Publications 3 Greenwich University Research Jan 2007 – Feb 2013 Assistant Professor & Head of Research 4 Iqra University – May 2008 – May 2016 Visiting Faculty 5 Institute of Business Management (IoBM) – Sep 2015 – May 2016 Visiting Faculty 6 Hamdard University – Jan 2016 – May 2016 Visiting Faculty 7 DHA Suffa University – Feb 2016 – Jun 2016 Visiting Faculty 8 Bahria University – Aug 2013 – May 2016 Visiting Faculty 9 SZABIST – Jan 2005 – Dec 2012 Visiting Faculty 10 College of Nursing, JPMC – 2010 – 2013 Visiting Faculty 11 BIZTEK – Feb 2007 – Dec 2008 Lecturer 12 KASBIT – Jan 2008 – Mar 2010 Visiting Faculty 13 PIPFA – 2005 Visiting Faculty 14 CAMS – 2005 Visiting Faculty 15 Grace Institute of Technology – 2000–2002 Visiting Faculty 16 AKUEB – Jan 2011 – date Chief Examiner 17 ICMAP – 2010 – 2013 Examiner 18 Avicenna O&A Level School – Sep 2012– May 2014 Sr. Teacher 19 OASYS (O &A Levels) – 2005-2009 Sr. Teacher 20 Avicenna O&A Level School – 2002–2005 Teacher 21 Aisha Bawany O Level School – 1999–2002 Teacher
1 RTS Principal Consultant Sept 2014 – Date Karachi 2 DGTR, Customs (FBR) Subject Specialist – Pakistan Economy 2013 – Date Karachi
- Identification of Organic Food Supplement for Pioneer Distributors
- Preparing E-Commerce Strategy for Pioneer Distributors
- Pilot Research on Beauty Products Viability in Karachi: A Project for NutraLake
- Expansion strategy for PIONEER DISTRIBUTORS. Erected a new company
- New Herbal product range identification for PIONEER DISTRIBUTORS
- Pilot Research on Maternea Product Viability in Pakistan: A Project for NutraLake
- Gadoon Textile: Optimization Strategy
- Building Industrial Linkages: A Project of Textile Institute of Pakistan
- Finance (introduction, advance, Strategic, Security, Portfolio, Corporate & Islamic)
- Research (basic, advance & quantitative)
- Statistics, Econometrics, Time Series Analysis, Forecasting Techniques
- Financial Economics
- Islamic Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Social Issues
- Management Issues
- Education Management
41 Conference Papers in National and International Conferences
- Zehra, Y. & Ahmad, N. (2018). The Impact of Capital Structure on Firm’s Value: Review of Pakistan’s Oil & Gas Marketing Companies. 31st IBIMA (pp.2794-2807). Milan, Italy. [ISI Indexed]
- Ezam, Q. Ahmad, N. & Hyder, S. I. (2018). Impact of Training and Development on Employees’ Engagement: Empirical Evidence from Pakistani Banking Sector. 31st IBIMA (pp.5537-5551). Milan, Italy.[ISI Indexed]
- Ali, M. H., Kazmi, S. S., Shamsi, A. F. & Ahmad, N. (2018). Talent Management Practices Using Social Media – a comparative study of SMEs in Pakistan vs. UAE Social Media – is it for external marketing only? 31st IBIMA (pp. 213-230). Milan, Italy. [ISI Indexed]
- Razzak, Q. A. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Performance Comparison: Local vs. Foreign Banks Operating in Pakistan. 6th ICSBI, Greenwich University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Muhammad, F. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Impact of Crude Oil Price on Coal Price in Pakistan using Cointegration Approach and their Volatility. 6th ICSBI, Greenwich University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Waki, M. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Impact of Work Stress on Employee Job Satisfaction: Empirical Investigation from Karachi based Public Sector Universities. 6th ICSBI, Greenwich University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Fiaz, S. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Referral Hiring Cause Set Back on Firm’s Progress. 6th ICSBI, Greenwich University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Sarwar, S., Ahmad, N., Hyder, S. I. (2017). Academic Writing Deficiencies of Business Management Students: Causes, Effects and Solutions. 10th ICERI2017 (pp. 9024-9029). Seville, Spain. [ISI Indexed]
- Sarwar, S. Bhamani, S. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Developing Scale to Evaluate School Support for English Language Learning (SSELL). 10th ICERI2017 (pp. 9020-9023). Seville, Spain. [ISI Indexed]
- Ahmad, N., Sharif, N., Usmani, H. M. Faizan, & Hafeez, S. (2017). Impact of Online Reviews on Customers’ Dining Decision – An Empirical Study. 30th IBIMA (pp. 2156-2169). Madrid, Spain: IBIMA Publishers, USA. [ISI Indexed]
- Maheshwari, M., Gul, U. A. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Comparative Investigation of Intraday Returns of All Months. IRCBM (p. 68). PAF KIET, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Fasih, S. T. & Ahmad, N. (2017). Analysis of HEC Hiring Criteria: A Pilot Study. IBT 10th National Conference on Management & Social Sciences. Karachi.
- Gul, K., Shamsi,A. F., Ahmad, N. & Ansari, B. (2017). Un-banking in Under-developing Economy. IBT 10th National Conference on Management & Social Sciences. Karachi.
- Mehmood, W., & Ahmad, N. (2017). Impact of CPEC on PSX and Shanghai Stock Exchange Market Volatility using GARCH Method. 29th IBIMA (pp. 568-585). Vienna, Austria: IBIMA Publishers, USA. [ISI Indexed]
- Ahmad, N., & Ansari, B. (2017). Stock Returns VS T-Bills: Pre and Post CPEC Announcement Analysis. 29th IBIMA (pp. 586-596). Vienna, Austria: IBIMA Publishers, USA. [ISI Indexed]
- Zafar, M., & Ahmad, N. (2017). Sectoral Betas: Pre and Post CPEC Announcement Comparison. 29th IBIMA (pp. 667-676). Vienna, Austria: IBIMA Publishers, USA. [ISI Indexed]
- Ahmed, R. R., Ahmad, N., & Channar, Z. A. (2016). Relationship between Training & Development and Performance of Business Schools Faculty. 9th ICERI2016 Conference. 14th-16th November 2016, Seville, Spain.
- Bokhari, S. N., Ahmad, N. & Hyder, S. I. (2016), Leadership Styles and Presenteeism: A Study on Healthcare Professionals in Karachi. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference. 9-10 November. At Seville, Spain.
- Khan, F. A. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Determinants of Dividend Payout: An Empirical Study of Pharmaceutical Companies of PSA. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference. 9-10 November. At Seville, Spain.
- Ahmed, K. A., Sharif, N. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Factors Influencing Career Choice: Empirical Investigation from Business Students. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 28th International Business Information Management Association Conference. 9-10 November. At Seville, Spain.
- Ahmed, R. R. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Impact of Gold Prices on Stock Returns of KSE 100 Index: ARDL Testing Approach. The State of Pakistan Economy: Issues and Challenges in 21st Century, Sep 27, 28. At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmad, N. & Ahmed, R. R. (2016), Intention to become Entrepreneur: An Empirical Investigation. Entrepreneurial Engineering, August, At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmed, R. R. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Exploring the Relationship among Leadership Style, Human Capital and Entrepreneurship Activities: Evidence from Pakistani Pharmaceutical Industry. Entrepreneurial Engineering, August, At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmed, R. R., Vveinhardt, J. & Ahmad, N. (2016), Empirical Analysis of Internet Usage and Academic Performance of Students: Evidence from Pakistan. EDULEARN 16, (pp. 3883-3892). Barcelona, Spain. ISBN: 978-84-608-8860-4.
- Ahmed, R. R., Vveinhardt, J., & Ahmad, N. (2016). The Impact of Time and Regime on External Debts of Pakistan: An Empirical Study. In K. S. Soliman (Ed.), The 27th International Business Information Management Association Conference (pp. 486-497). Milan, Italy.
- Ahmad, N. & Nauman, S. (2016), Student Optimism – Grading of an experiential learning project. ICEL-16, Apr 9-10. At IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ahmed, R. R., Vvienhardt, J., Ahmad, N. & Sadiq, H. (2016), The Impact of Working conditions on Female Teachers’ Performance in Private Universities of Karachi. 10th annual International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Proceedings of INTED2016 Conference, pp. 5543-5552, ISBN: 978-84-608-5617-7, 7th-9th March 2016, At Valencia, Spain.
- Ahmad, N., Ahmed, R. R. & Zohaib, M. M. (2016), Stock Returns: Comparison among Selected Developing Countries. 1st National Research Conference on Business Management (NRCBM 16), March, At PAF KIET, Karachi, Pakistan. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3818.4085.
- 254 citations on google scholars
- 10 H-Index
- 153 Citations on Research Gate
- 66 Theses
- 18 Independent Studies
- 14.287 Impact Factor
REVIEWER & EDITORSHIP
|Editor||International Journal of Experiential Learning and Case Studies (IoBM)Indus Journal of Management Sciences. (Former)
Proceedings: Greenwich Multidisciplinary Research Conference (GMRC) on
Management, Social, and Physical Sciences, 1(2), Nov., 2012
Proceedings: Greenwich Multidisciplinary Research Conference (GMRC) on
Management, Social, and Physical Sciences, 1(1), Mar., 2012.
|Advisory Board Member||Gulustan-Black Sea Scientific Journal of Academic Research (Georgia)Revista de Administração de Roraima – RARR (Brazil)
International Journal of Science Annals (Ukraine)
The Millennium University Journal (Bangladesh)
Journal of Business Strategy Finance and Management (India)
Journal of Business Studies
SALU Commerce & Economic Review
Journal of Quantitative Methods (JQM)
Market Forces: Journal of Management, Business & Economics
KASBIT Business Journal (KBJ)
|Reviewer||IBIMA Publishing, USAIranian Journal of Management Studies (IJMS), Iran
Independent Journal of Management & Production (IJM&P), Brazil
Al Dar Research Journal for Sustainability (ADRJ), Dubai
International Journal of Business and Economics (IJBE), Macedonia
Journal of Asian Business and Economic Studies (JABES), Vietnam
European Research on Management and Business Economics, Spain
- World Association for Sustainable Developmen
- Pakistan Leadership Forum