Industrial Engineering Department
Mukhtar Ahmed has MS (Mechanical Engineering) from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA and BE (Mechanical Engineering) from NED. He has teaching experience of almost 23 years and started his teaching career with NED where his last appointment was as Associate Professor. He also went to Zimbabwe, Harare Polytechnic as Lecturer. He has 4 years working experience with Roti Corporation of Pakistan as Deputy Manager, Technical.
|M.S. (Mechanical Engineering)||University of Southern California||1994|
|B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)||NED Engineering College||1976|
|B.Sc. (Major: Mathematics, Minor: Physics)||Adamjee Science College||1970|
Senior Fellow Institute of Business Management August 2010 till date Acting Chairman, Department of Biomedical Engineering NED University of Engineering & Technology November 2005 to July 2007 Associate Professor NED University of Engineering & Technology June 1998 to Feb 2010 Assistant Professor NED University of Engineering & Technology October 1987 to June 1998 Lecturer in Charge Harare Polytechnic, Zimbabwe August 1982 to July 1986 Assistant Professor NED University of Engineering & Technology September 1980 to August 1982
Deputy Manager Technical Roti Corporation of Pakistan August 1976 to September 1980 Adjunct Faculty Member Wayne State University, Detroit, USA September 1995 to December 1995
- A Study of Cold Chain in Pakistan in 2014 By Maaz Ahmed
- Quality Improvement by Using Industrial Engineering Techniques in 2014 By Syed Rafiullah, Monis Jan Allahwala and Abdul Salam Malik
- Design the Drive System of an Electric Car in 2008 By Amnah Hameed, Samina Asad Junejo, and Kulsoom Zakir
- Automation of Final Assembly Process (Speedometer) Alson Auto Parts in 2005 By Sheikh Muhammad Fareed, Faiz Muhammad and Farhan Muhammad
- Design and Fabrication of Sheet Gasket Cutting Machine in 2004 By Quaser Faiz, Tanveerul Haq, Mansoor Hyder and M. Tariq Zia
- Design of Candy Manufacturing Plant in 2001 By Umair Uddin, Tauqeer Ahmed, M. Zahid Jamal and M. Tariq Zia
- Design of Inspection Capsule for Oil Well in 2001 By S. Hasan Mehdi, Imtiaz Ahmed, Khalid Farooq Khatak and Muddusir
- Design, Fabrication and Testing of CNG Tank in 2001 By M.Rehmanul Hasan Siddiqui, Yousuf Masood, Hafiz Tanzeelur Rehman and Usman Farooq
- Design of CNG Compressor in 2001 By Hamid Karim, Adnan Sheikh, Saad Shmsi and Zeshan Ahmed
- Retrofitting of Thermal Wheel in the Bakery Oven for Conserve Energy in 1998 By Sabbir Hussain, Saddat Quereshi and M. Iqbal
- Design and Finite Element Analysis of Mounded Storage Tank 1997 By Waqar Ahmed Malik and Saeed Afsar
- Design of an Active Suspension System of a Car in 1997 By Adnan Ahmed, Samad Ahmed Khan, Faizan Mustafa and Khurram Abbas
- Design of Continuous Oven for Biscuit Manufacturing in 1996 By S. Imran Mehdi, M. Ayaz and M. Imran
- Research in Progress – “A Model of Computerized Maintenance Management System, for Small Industries”.
- A case study of Statistical Process Control of Garment factory.(In progress)
http://journals.iobmresearch.com/ Volume 5 Number 1 2015 http://journals.iobmresearch.com/index.php/PJETS/article/view/322
- Mukhtar A.(1996), “Computer Modeling of Creep Deformation Maps in Three Dimensions”. NED University Journal of Engineering Research, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 1-11.
- Mukhtar A. (2012), “A Comparison of Strain Deformation Mechanism of Al, Mo, MgO & CaO in Harper-Dorn Creep”. Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science Volume 2, Number 1,pp 27-38.
- Mukhtar A. (2015), “A Case Study of Maintenance Management System for Bread Baking Plant”, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science, Volume 5 Number 1, pp 1-12.
- Conference on Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration, Expo Center, Karachi, 13-15 February, 2019
- 3rd International Conference on Experiential Learning, Institute of Business Management, October 20 & 21, 2018.
- 8th International Mechanical Engineering Conference, Institute of Engineers Pakistan, Karachi Center, January, 26 & 27, 2018.
- International Conference on Energy and Sustainability, NED University April 27, 2013. (Certificate Awarded) DICE Energy Conference, NED University, December 23& 24, 2014
- International Conference on, ‘Multidisciplinary Engineering Research & Technology: Harnessing the Power of R&D’. Institute of Business Management, March, 06, 2017.
- 7th International Mechanical Engineering Conference, Institute of Engineers Pakistan, Karachi Center, March 24 & 25, 2017. (Certificate Awarded).
- Seventh Colloquium on “Stochastic Modeling & Data Analysis, Institute of Business Management, March 09, 2013. (Certificate Awarded)
- Digital Marketing Workshop, by Institute of Business Management, 24th August 2019
- Workshop on “Big Data”, Institute of Business Management, March, 28 & 29, 2017.
- Workshop on “Experiential Learning in Business Education”, Institute of Business Management, February 16, 2013. (Certificate Awarded)
- A 3 days Course on “Managing Maintenance Department”, NED University, March 6 to 8, 2012. (Certificate Awarded)
- Workshop on, “Using Quality Function Deployment Curriculum Development: Survey Best Practices”, Institute of Business Management, April, 15, 2017.
TRAININGS & SEMINARS
- Halal Food Awareness, Standards, Evaluation & Challenges, by Halal Awareness & Research Council, Institute of Business Management, 16th February, 2019
- “How to Make Institutional Performance Evaluation (IEP) More Effective”, Institute of Business Management, June 28, 2018. (Certificate Awarded).
- “Advanced Project Management”, NED University October 16 & 17, 2014. (Certificate Awarded).
- Entrepreneurial Engineering & Energy Self-Sufficiency, ICEEES & Institute of Business Management, 2015.
- Certified in Unigraphics, Minitab, CAD and CAM
- Certificate of Occupational Health and Safety Course
- Hands on experience of Computer Aided Engineering software e.g. AutoCAD, Matlab, Unigraphics, Minitab, etc.
- Life member of Pakistan Engineering Council. PEC# Mech/2744
- Member Institute of Engineers Pakistan. Membership number: M-19682/KAR-2880