I am a well-rounded professional hailing from pharmaceutical sales & marketing; with a diverse experience of over 30 years in the corporate circuit. I have been fortunate enough to spend my career in multinational organizations; where I had ample opportunities to learn & evolve from a budding sales professional to a visionary corporate thinker. I spent a major part of my career in Schering AG, a German Pharmaceutical specializing in Gynecology & Dermatology, and then joined Bayer Pharmaceuticals, one of the largest global names in the industry. As a Business Unit Head, in addition to Pakistan business, I was also responsible for Bayer Pharma business of Srilanka from 2012 – 2015.
I possess strong leadership skills. I had been in the leadership role for over twenty years in Schering & Bayer. I attended “European Leadership program” organized by Schering for future potential employees. I consistently achieved top line & financial goals of business unit. I developed my successors in Pakistan & Srilanka through constant coaching, empowerment & feedback.
- 1977 Bachelor of Pharmacy.1992 Diploma in Sales & Marketing from Institute of Leadership & Management, Lahore1999 MBA from Pakistan Institute of Management Science, Lahore
- Jan 2019 – present Senior Lecturer, Marketing Department, Institute of Business ManagementJan 2017 – Sep 2017 Head of Sales & Marketing, Kaizen Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd, KarachiJan 2007-Dec 2015 Business Unit Head (Women Health Care) in Bayer Pakistan & Srilanka
2005-2006 Marketing, Sales & distribution Manager in Schering AG
2004-2005 Business Unit Manager-Dermatology & Diagnostics business, Schering AG
2000-2001 Group Product Manager-Gynecology, Schering AG
1994-1999 National Sales Manager Schering AG
1986 – 1993 Product Manager Dermatology, Diagnostics and Family Planning- Schering AG
1984-1985 Assistant to Marketing Manager, Schering AG
1980-1984 Medical representative Schering AG
- Delivered talks on “Leadership, Ethics and change in Different organizations.
- Organized workshops in coordination with Greenstar, an international NGO, on Contraception awareness throughout Pakistan for doctors and consumers using electronic and print media.
- Completed a project in Schering Pharma on “Effective utilization of field force”.
- January to-date Senior Faculty in Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi
- April 2018–Dec 2018 Visiting faculty at Institute of Business Management (IBM), Lahore and Superior university, Lahore for Sales & Marketing Management.
- Jan 2016-April 2018 Visiting faculty at Institute of Business Management (IoBM), Karachi for Leadership & International Management subjects.
- 2006 Attended European Leadership Program in Germany & Belgium.1993 Diploma Course in Marketing and Sales Management-ILM, Lahore1988 Attended Sales & Marketing Management courses organized by Swiss company “International
Medical Survey (IMS)”.
- Member of GLC compliance Management Association of Pakistan (MAP)
- Member of Pharmaceutical Council of Sindh