Muhammad Ajaz Rasheed earned his MPhil in Economics from the Institute of Business Management, an MAS (Applied Economics) from Applied Economics Research Center (University of Karachi) and MSc (Statistics) from the University of Karachi. He has 20 years professional and teaching experience in the area of Statistics, Economics and Computer Science. He has taught at the University of Karachi and University of Balochistan. He has worked with Social Policy and Development Center as a researcher. His research primarily focuses on Macro-Economic Modeling and Monetary Economics. He has published research papers in national and international journals. He has also contributed to the Sindh Economic Survey. He has been a member of FPCCI’s standing committee on research and development from July 2005 to June 2007. In addition, he is a PhD scholar at IoBM.
- M.Phil ( Economics)[ 2009-10 ] Institute of Business Management , Korangi, Karachi
- M.A.S (Applied Economics)
The relationship between money and real variables: Pakistan experience (1972-2008) Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Javed Akbar Ansari.[ 1990-92 ] Applied Economics Research Centre, University of Karachi
Summary of Qualifications
- Over twenty-five (25) years multifaceted experience in Applied Economics, Statistics and Software Development
- Developed the Integrated Social Sector Macro-Econometric Model (Largest Macro-Econometric Model in Pakistan) as part of the CIDA initiative
- Developed Tax Policy Simulation Model in collaboration of CBR and AERC
- Supported various task forces in macro-economic framework and tariff policies of government of Pakistan
- Played major role in Comparative Non-profit Sector (CNP) study of 40 nation comparative research headed by the Johns Hopkins University
- M.Sc. (Statistics)[1985-87] Department of Statistics, University of Karachi.
- [ Since 09/2008 ] Institute of Business Management
- [ 03/2005 – 09/2008] Defence Authority College of Business
Senior Lecturer/ Head of Economics
- [ 07/1995 – 02/2002 ] Social Policy and Development Centre
Head of Information Systems Unit
- [ 02/1994 – 06/1995 ] Integrated Social Sector Planning Project
- [ 02/1993 – 06/1994 ] Applied Economics Research Centre
Consultant Economist/ Software Developer
- [ 07/1991 – 06/1993 ] Department of Statistics, University of Karachi.
- [ 10/1989 – 03/1991 ] Department of Statistics, University of Balochistan, Quetta.
- [ 03/1988 – 08/1989 ] Department of Statistics, University of Karachi.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
Visiting Faculty Assignment
- Institute of Business Administration (IBA) July 2005 to Dec 2008.
- Institute of Business Management (IoBM) known as CBM from Jan 2002 to Sep 2008.
- NED University in Jan 2004.
Self-Employment Own Business
- Computer-oriented Research Consultants. Karachi 1991-94
- Independent Consultant for various Research Organizations, Business Organizations and independents
- Institute of Applied Studies, Karachi. 1991-94
- Institute was involved in teaching various courses in Economics, Statistics (M.A/M.Sc. B.A., A-Level ,etc.), Banking Diploma, Computer Languages/Packages.
- Managerial Economics
- Pakistan Economic Policy
- Financial Economics
- Money and Banking
- Topics in Macroeconomics
- Principal of Macroeconomics
- Financial Mathematics
- Statistics and Mathematics
- Statistical Inference
- Simulation and Modelling
- Project Evaluation
- Production Management
- “Does capital structure influence payout? A study on KSE -30 Index”, African Journal of Business Management Vol. 9(4), pp. 157-169, 28 February. 2015
- “Determinants of dividend Payout in power and Cement sector”, Pakistan Business Review 15, Number 4, January 2014
- “Usage Of Netspeak Among Pakistani Youth – With Regard To Self-Esteem, Gender And Educational System” Pakistan Business Review Volume 14, Number 3, October 2012
- “The relationship between money and real variables: Pakistan’s experience (1972-2008)” Pakistan Business Review Volume 12, Number 4, January 2011
- “Estimating Gross Provincial Accounts of Sind” Pakistan Business Review Volume 12, Number 3, October 2010
- “What determines school teachers’ rates of return in Pakistan (Punjab)? Schooling or experience” International Journal of Educational Development, Volume 18, Issue 5, September 1998, Pages 385-392
- “Can cost-effective Reallocation of Inputs increase the Efficiency of the Public Health System in Pakistan “The Pakistan Development Review Volume 36, winter 1997, Number 4.
- “Integrated Social-sector Macro-Econometric Model for Pakistan” The Pakistan Development Review Volume 35, winter 1996, Number 4.
- “Is the Social Action Program in Pakistan Financially Sustainable?” The Pakistan Development Review Volume 34, Winter 1995, Number 4.
- “Log-Range from Pareto Distribution and its Application” Journal of Engineering. & Applied Sciences. Volume 9, No.1, Jan-Jun 1990.
- “Comparison of some Confidence Interval in Two Parameter Pareto Distribution” Philippines Statistician. June 1989.
- “Is Public Sector Investment Productive? Some Evidence from Pakistan” This paper has been prepared for presentation at the Fall meeting of Project LINK,. September 25-29, 1995, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- “Balochistan Comprehensive Development Strategy 2013 -2020”, Management Excellence Center, Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek Karachi.
- “Comparative Study On Non-Tariff Barriers To Trade In India, China, And Pakistan” Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek Karachi.
- “Sindh Economic Survey 2009-2011”, Center for Research in Sindh, Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek Karachi.
- “Sindh Economic Survey 1972-2008”, Center for Research in Sindh, Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek Karachi.
- “Industrial Development Survey 2010”, Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek Karachi.
- “Pakistan’s External Debt Burden: Causes, Complexities and Remedies” Research Report No.45, Social Policy and Development Centre, Karachi Pakistan.
- “Integrated Social Policy Macro Econometric Model” with Integrated Social Sector Planning Project and Submitted to Canadian High Commission.
- “Is the Social Action Programmed in Pakistan Financially Sustainable” with Integrated Social Sector Planning Project.
- “What Explains the Current Rate of High Inflation in Pakistan” with Integrated Social Sector Planning Project.
- “Efficiency and Cost effectiveness: An Optimization Model for Pakistan Health Sector” with Integrated Social Sector Planning Project.
- “A Public Policy Optimization Model for School System in Pakistan” with Integrated Social Sector Planning Project.
- “Rates of Return To Schooling and Experience Among the School Teachers In Pakistan (Punjab)”.
- “Prospects of Value Added Tax in Pakistan” submitted to CBR (Central Board of Revenue) Government of Pakistan.
- “Tax Policy Simulation Model for CBR” in association with Central Board of Revenue (CBR), Government of Pakistan and Applied Economics Research Centre, Karachi.
- Excellent management, people and computer skill
- Excellent research, teaching and training skill
- Excellent econometric model building skill
- Excellent data analysis skill
Member of FPCCI’s standing committee on Research and development July 2005 to June 2007.