Industrial Engineering and Management
Counseling Hours:Saturday: 02:00 pm -04:00 pm
Mehreen Kausar hold a bachelor’s degree in Industrial & Manufacturing engineering and completed her master degree in Industrial Management both from NED University. She has industry experience of eight years where her main working areas were supply chain dynamics, inventory control, project management and quality control. She has read papers at a number of national and international conferences.
- BE (NED), MEM IM from Industrial from (NED)
Worked in SGS (pvt) limited for six years, worked in progressive generators for 2 years
Summer 2019: Designing a chair for university students using anthrpometry techniques
Summer 2019: Solar Parking deck feasibility study
Spring 2019– Application of Value-stream mapping for reduction in unit cost at Alsons (pvt) Limited
Spring 2019– Controls 4.0 -Monitoring the status of multiple power generation equipments using IoT at Artistic milleners
Spring 2019: Risk assessment using FMEA at Razzaq Associates
Spring 2019:Industry 4.0 and IT sector in Pakistan: Assessment of readiness in managing digital solutions
- Fall 2018: Increasing efficiency via lean manufacturing at Kings Apparel (pvt) Ltd
- Fall 2018: Increasing efficiency via lean manufacturing at Kings Apparel (pvt) Ltd (in process)
- Fall 2018: Advancements in NDT Techniques at SGS (pvt Ltd (in process)
- Courses taught:
Post Graduate Industrial Costing Management, Logistics & Inventory Management, Project Management, Quality Procedures for Design & Production, Total Quality Management, Production Operations Management Graduate Work Study & Methods Engineering, Metrology & Statistical Interferences, Basic Machine Design, intro to Industrial Engineering
- Logistics 4.0
- Quality 4.0
- Operations Research
- Sustainability in manufacturing
- Industry 4.0 and under-developed countries- impact and hindrances.
- Implementation of Outcome Based Education.
Saima Yaqoob and Mehreen Kausar (May, 2019):Industry 4.0 and agile Manufacturing;The European Proceedings of Social & Behavioural Sciences
- Saima Yaqoob and Mehreen Kausar (May, 2018): Research activities in industry 4.0 functions as enablers for Agile Manufacturing Implementation: Conference presentations, 2nd Asia International Multidisciplinary Conference (AIMC 2018), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
- Mehreen Kausar and Saima Yaqoob, (January 2018): Closed Loop Supply Chain Management- A case study in university environment: Conference Presentation at International Conference for innovation and emerging trends in business management (ICIETBM-2017) Iqra University, Karachi.
Trainings & Workshops
- certification course in supply chain engineering through ERP and gamification ,Iobm.
- Organized students term project exhibition in Spring 2018 and Fall 2018
- Registered Engineer (Lifetime Member) Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan