Accounting and Finance Department
Monday to Thursday:
12:15 pm to 01:00 pm
Mehboob Moosa, Senior Fellow, Accounting & Finance holds MPhil in Business Management and is currently pursuing PhD in Business Management from IoBM. He is also FCMA from Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan, CA Finalist from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and PGD in Islamic Banking & Finance from Center for Islamic Economics (CIE). His 38 years’ experience includes working with national and multinational companies like BOC (Pakistan) Ltd., Al-Futtaim Engineering, Dubai, Habib Group, World Group of Companies (Automobiles), Liberty Textiles, Century-21 Textiles etc., as well as audit firms like KPMG Taseer Hadi, Sidaat Hyder, Rahim Jan and teaching in educational institutions of UK and Pakistani education streams. He has published his three research papers in Pakistan Business Review and one in Ifkaar. One paper has been approved to be published in PBR and One paper has been submitted to PBR for approval of publication.
- CA Finalist
- MPhil in Business Management
- PGD in Islamic banking and Takaful
Nov’17 todate Senior Fellow Institute of Business Management Jan’09 to Nov’17 Assistant Professor Institute of Business Management Sept’07 to Jan’09 Visiting Faculty Institute of Business Management Sept’08 to May’09 Visiting Faculty PAF KIET Dec’98 to Apr’09 Visiting Faculty ICMAP Jul’03 to Apr’09 Visiting Faculty PIPFA Sept’08 to Apr’09 Part time teacher Genesis School, Clifton (A levels) Mar’08 to Apr’09 Part time teacher Fahim’s A level School, Gulshan-e-Iqbal Aug’07 to Aug’09 Part time teacher Foundation Public School Defence Campus Dec’01 to Jun’03 Senior Teacher The City School, PAF Chapter (0 level)
1992-93 Assistant Manager, Audit. Sidaat Hyder Aslam & Company, Chartered.Accountants, Islamabad 1990-91 Assistant Manager, Audit. KPMG Taseer Hadi Khalid and Company, Chartered Accountants, Karachi 1985-89 Trainee Student, Rahim Jan & Company, Chartered Accountants, Karachi
2000-2001 Manager, Internal Audit, Century 21 Textiles, SITE,Karachi 1999-2000 Chief Accountant, Liberty Textiles, SITE,Karachi 1997-98 Chief Accountant, World Automobiles, Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi 1995-97 Audit Officer, BOC (Pakistan) Ltd., West Wharf, Karachi
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- November 6th and 7th 2019. Attended two days International conference on Islamic Banking and Finance conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- October 19 2019. Attended a workshop on publishing in a High Ranked Journals conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- August 3rd and 4th 2019. Attended two days workshop on Qualitative Research Methodology and Data Analysis using NVIVO conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- January 18, 2018. Attended MAP TALK at Karachi Marriott Hotel, conducted by Marketing Association of Pakistan.
- November 29, 30, 2017. Attended 2 days International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- August 21, 22, 2017. Attended 2 days’ faculty development workshop on learning to learn conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- March 28, 2017. Attended one day’s workshop on Using Big Data Analytics in Enhancing quality of Education conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- January 11 to 14, 2017. Attended 4 days’ workshop on Islamic Finance for Academicians conducted by IBA-CIEF, Karachi, Pakistan
- May, 2016. Attended 5 days’ faculty development workshop on Balance Score Card conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- April 9, 10, 2016. Attended 2 days International Conference on Experiential Learning conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- March 11, 12, 2015. Attended 2 days International Conference on Business Management conducted by Institute of Business Management, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Undergrad Programs: Introduction to Financial Accounting, Intermediate Financial Accounting, Advanced Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Advanced Managerial Accounting, Management Analysis and Decision Making
- Graduate Programs: Financial Accounting, Introduction to Managerial & Cost Accounting
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research in Accounting, Finance and Islamic Banking
Industry Visit for Practical Exposure
- Moosa.M. (Accepted to be published in April 2020 issue) Exploring the Benefit of Islamic Economy. Pakistan Business Review
- Research paper on “Non accessibility of bank finance to SME Sector and alternate sources of finance” published in Pakistan Business Review in July 2014.
- Research paper on “Feasibility of Application of IFRs on companies operating in developing countries with focus on Pakistan” published in Pakistan Business Review in January’2013.
- Research paper on “Application of Resource Consumption Accounting in Educational Institute” published in Pakistan Business Review in January’2011.
- Part of training on AACSB Standards conducted by EMEC of IoBM.
- Research Paper on “Comparison of Impact of Macro Economic & Bank Specific Variables on Pakistan’s Islamic & Conventional Banks’ Profitability” submitted for publication in PBR
- Research Paper on comparison of profitability of Islamic and Conventional Bank: A case study of Pakistan approved for publication in Al Ifkaar Journal of Islamic studies
- Research paper on banks profitability under democratic and dictatorship regime: A case study of Pakistan’s banking sector approved for publication in Al Azhar Journal of Islamic research
- Research Paper on “Reasons of closure of NDFC” under process of finalization
- Coordinated from IoBM side for Collaboration with ICMAP for Research, Development and Innovation.
- Fellow member of Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan.