Computer Science and MIS Department
Khalid Bin Muhammad is an Assistant Professor, currently doing PhD in Computer Science, did M.S in Computer Science from IoBM, also did Masters in Computer Science from the University of Karachi and an M.B.A in M.I.S / Finance from M.A. Jinnah University with first-class first position. He also holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree from NED and is a lifetime member of Pakistan Engineering Council. He is also a member of IEEE, IEEE-Executive Committee, IEEE Computer Society and Rapid Miner Community. Currently working on Natural Language Processing and its applications in Urdu Language. Research interests include but not limited to Data Warehouse, Data Mining, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Image-recognition, Internet of Things, Fuzzy Logic, Human Centric Computing and Machine Learning. He has proficiency in Programming Languages specially Object Oriented Programming (Java and C++), Computer Graphics, Engineering Drawing, Computer Aided Designing, Multimedia Technologies, Relational Database Management System and Customer Relationship Management. He has a mix of over 22 years of experience working in Teaching, Mentoring, Education Management (IoBM) and Industry (Dawlance / Pakistan Petroleum Limited). He possess practical I.T Knowledge, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, work ethics and sincere dedication towards his objectives. He takes pride in initiating projects and work diligently towards making them successful endeavors.
- M.S in Computer Science with specialization in Data Mining from IoBM with an overall CGPA 3.7
- M.B.A with first class first position and gold medal from M.A. Jinnah University with an overall CGPA of 3.73
- M.C.S with specialization in Software Engineering from University of Karachi with an overall A Grade
- B.E from N.E.D University of Engineering and Technology with an overall A Grade.
- Working as Senior Faculty Member at IoBM (CBM) teaching courses related to Computer Science and Engineering since September 2001.
- Worked at IoBM as Manager Information Technology from 2007 till 2012.
- Worked at projects of Pakistan Petroleum Limited from 2000 till 2001.
- Worked as Trainee Engineer / Development Engineer at Dawlance Private Limited from 1998 till 1999.
- inked with I.T and Software Industry (Software Houses) related to various Software Projects.
- Worked with Novell Training Services on Linux Technologies
- Worked on Unified Solutions, Wireless Solutions and Switching Solutions with D-Link (U.A.E)
- Licensed IoBM with Microsoft Technologies
- Licensed IoBM with Oracle Technologies
- Published an International research Barriers and facilitators to health information exchange in low- and middle-income country settings: a systematic review has been published in Health Policy and Planning an International journal (published by Oxford University Press / Journals) with impact factor 3.47 in April 2016.
- Effect of International Gold Price, Oil Price & Foreign Exchange Rate on Inflation in Pakistan published in International Journal of Management Research and Business Strategy in 2013.
- Conducted a research Proposed rating and ranking system for IT Institutes/University departments published in April 2003 issue of Pakistan Business Review HEC recognized research journal in April 2003.
- Currently working on Application of Data warehouse in Higher Education Institutes.
- Teaching interests include Data Warehouse, Data Mining, Advance Database Management Systems, Relational Database Management Systems, Object Oriented Programming (Java and C++), Customer Relationship Management (C.R.M), Information Systems Audit and Management, Internet Banking and E-Commerce.
|1.Presented in a conference held at LUMS dated 15 April 2016 Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Higher Education||April 2016|
|2. Attended Training Session on Minitab held at IoBM.||May 2015|
|3. Attended and presented paper in Big Data Analytics National Mathematics Colloquium held at I.o.B.M||Mar 2015|
|4. Attended International Conference of Business Management (I.C.O.B.M) held at I.o.B.M||Mar 2015|
|5. Attended NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING (NGS) Data Analytics workshop at COMSATS, Islamabad.||Oct 2014|
|6. Attended 8th Mathematics Colloquium held at I.o.B.M||Mar 2014|
|7. Attended Basics of Robotics workshop at NED University of Engg. and Technology||Jan 2014|
|8. TOPSIM (Strategic Management Training) at I.o.B.M||Oct 2012|
|9. PROJECT MANAGEMENT at N.E.D University BY Pakistan Engineering Council.||Oct 2012|
|10. STATISTICAL METHODS, Theory & Practices at I.o.B.M.||July 2012|
|11. Research Methodology at I.o.B.M||April 2012|
|12. SUSE Linux administration & Configuration by Novell Corporation||May 2011|
|13. Oracle 10G Forms and Report by Oracle Corporation||May 2010|
|14. Advance Project Management at NED University||June 2009|
|15. Unified wireless solutions at D-Link (U.A.E)||Aug 2009|
- Supervised various graduate and under-graduate level students projects of Bachelor and Masters level.
|S No||Training Title||Duration||Conducted By|
|1.||Building a service culture that sizzles & succeeds||1 Day||RON KAUFMAN|
|2.||Unified Wireless, Storage & Switching solutions||3 Days||D-Link (UAE)|
|3.||Log frame & Proposal Writing||1 Day||British Council|
|4.||Train the Trainer||7 Days||School of Leadership|
|5.||Microsoft Training||3 Days||Microsoft Corporation|
|6.||SUSE Linux Administration & Configuration||3 Days||Novell|
|7.||Advanced Project Management||2 Days||NED University of Engg. & Tech|
|8.||Speaking Skills||1 Day||Business Support Center, IoBM|
|9.||Teaching Methodologies||1 Day||Business Support Center, IoBM|
|10.||Data Analysis using SPSS||1 Day||Business Support Center, IoBM|
|11.||Project Management using MS-Project 2003||1 Day||Business Support Center, IoBM|
|12.||Oracle Forms Developer 10G||5 Days||Oracle University|
|13.||Oracle Reports Developer 10G||5 Days||Oracle University|
- Scored highest CGPA in my M.S (C.S) from IoBM
- Secured 1st position (Gold medal) in my MBA with a CGPA of 3.73.
- 75% merit scholarship throughout my MBA
- Awarded a Merit Certificate and a Silver medal for scoring distinction in 7 subjects in S.C (Year 1991) awarded in 1992.
- Participated in various debate competitions and won prizes.
- Faculty advisor of various student societies like Digicon Informatics Society, Society of Industrial Engineering, Club IT and Youth Club
- Member of International Rapid Miner Community
- Life time member of the Pakistan Engineering CouncilÂ dated 14-11-1998 membership # Mech/13940.
- Member of IEEE-USA
- Member of IEEE Ex-Comm Karachi Section
- Member of IEEE Computer Society
- Member and Secretary Board of Studies and curriculum development (Computer Science) at IoBM
- Organizer Member of M.A.C.S International Conference at IoBM
- Member Editorial Board of Pakistan Business Review.
- Member Editorial Board of Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology and Science.
- Faculty Advisor for Digicon Informatics Society
- Ex-Councillor IEEE IoBM Student Branch
- Ex-Member Administration Committee (A.C) at IoBM
- Ex-Member of Convocation Planning Committee (C.P.C) at IoBM
- Ex-Member of Board of Studies and curriculum development (Industrial Engineering and Management) at IoBM