Accounting and Finance Department
Monday and Tuesday
9:00 am to 10:30 am
Kamran Rabbani Holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance and has more than 24 years experience of credit, Portfolio Management Product development, financial analysis and risk management in leading banks of Pakistan & Saudi Arabia.He has expertise in implementing international best practices in SME financing, segmentation of customers, toward preparing bankable credit proposals, training of SME bankers, launching SME product programs, credit risk in SME lending, portfolio management and developing policies and procedures for SME banking.He was selected as Master Trainer & Supervisor of US aid and Shore Bank, USA for capacity building program of SME Bankers and trained many bankers and launched product programs with Shore bank. Considering his achievements in SME banking, Saudi Arabia the largest government bank selected him to set up SME department and train Saudi bankers. He successfully set up SME department and launched product programs both deposit as well as lending programs and trained bankers to finance SME sector.
Presently, he been associated with IoBM for 7 years as permanent faculty delivering lectures on Accounts and Financial Management. He has especial interest and expertise in Micro and SME financing and launching elective course on Micro and SME financing in Fall 2015 at IoBM.He possess Master of Business Administration (major in Finance), Chartered Accountancy (Intermediate) and diploma in Banking degrees beside four years professional audit and accounting training from Chartered Accountancy firms. Presently, he is completing M-Phil leading to PHD program in SME financing.
M.Phil –Management Science Under Progress Institute of Business Management Master of Business Administration 1988-1990 Greenwich University,Karachi Chartered Accountant (Intermediate) 1984-1988 Institute of Chartered Accounts of Pakistan B.Com 1982-1983 University of Karachi
Diploma in Banking 1993-1994 Institute of Bankers of Pakistan
Institute of Business Management Senior Lecturer, Finance & Accounting Jan. 2010 to date
National Commercial Bank-Saudi Arabia Senior Officer-Product Development
Retail Segment & Product Management Division
Sept. 2007 to Sept. 2009 National Bank of Pakistan Vice President & Product Manager (SME) June 2003 to Sept. 2007 SME Bank Limited-Pakistan AVP & Product Manager August 2000 to May 2003 Power Track International Limited Head of Project Finance Division Dec. 1998 to Aug.2000 Islamic Investment Bank Limited Vice President
Investment Banking Division
Nov.1995 to Nov.1998 Pakistan Kuwait Investment Company Assistant Vice PresidentInvestment Banking Division Dec. 1991 to Oct. 1995 Long Term Venture Capital Modaraba Senior Manager
Credit & Marketing Division
May 1989 to Nov. 1991
- Capstone Project. Market study of Islamic deposit products for NBP
- Capstone Project. Market study of Islamic Housing products for NBP
- Capstone Project. on impact of CPEC on SME textile Sector for SMEDA
- Capstone Project on impact of CPEC on Auto Vendor Sector for SMEDA
- Capstone Project on Pre-Feasibility study on Production house of SMEDA
- Introduction to Business Finance
- Financial management
- Introduction to Accounting
- SME and Micro Finance
- Capstone Projects
- Financing Issues in SME and Micro Finance
- New lending product development
- Presenting a paper in International conference at IoBM name as “Challenges in Banks finance to SME sector, published in PBR, HEC approved journal (Y)”.
- Challenges in Banks finance to SME sector, published in PBR of May 2013, HEC approved journal (Y)
- “Non-Accessibility of Bank Financing to newly established SMEs” published in PBR of July 2014, HEC approved journal (Y)
- Market Investigation and Evaluation between Islamic and Conventional Banks for House Financing Loan at IBA Sukkur Journal on 2nd and 3rd March 2019
- Islamic House Financing: A Critical Analysis and Comparison with Conventional and Islamic Banks at Islamic Banking Conference on 2nd and 3rd November
Honors and Achievements
- National Bank of Pakistan Excellence Award -2006 for outstanding performance and meritorious achievements.
- Certificate of Accomplishment awarded by USAID and Shore Bank International for coordinating role in successful implementation of capacity building project and training of bankers as Master Trainer.
- Selected member of SME Bank’s Provincial Credit Committee to approve loans in province of Sindh.
- Represented Islamic Investment Bank in New York, USA to negotiate loan facility
- Awarded ‘Bright Star of the Week’ by Greenwich University
- Member of Institute of Bankers of Pakistan
- Network Member of SME Pakistan
- Develop course outline for Retail Banking, Branch Banking and Commercial banking./li>
- Start practice sessions for Introduction to Business Finance course/li>
- Start reading assignment for Introduction to Business Finance course