Management & HRM Department
Juveria Baig is a researcher, trainer and consultant and above all a lifelong learner. She has more than 10 years of diverse experience in the areas of Business Development, Project Management, Training, Coaching and Mentoring and Performance Management. She has worked in Pakistan and Australia in various positions, namely SGS Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd, United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and University of New South Wales, Australia. She has provided management & OD consultancy in various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Banking,Healthcare, Engineering Services, Development Sector, Shipping, Logistics and many more. She is currently engaged as a full time academic at IoBM and is also engaged in business consultancy, training and research. She is also serving as a coach and mentor at HerCareer.pk.
Juveria’s education includes B.Sc (Hons) from Textile Institute of Pakistan, MBA from Hamdard University and Master in Human Resource Management from University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia. She is very seriously committed to a career in research, consultancy, learning & development and teaching. Her research focus remains in the areas of Knowledge Management and Workforce Development.
- Com (Human Resource Management) University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia 2009-2011
- MBA (Marketing) Hamdard Institute of Mgt Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan 2006-2008
- BSc Hons (Textile Mgt.) Textile Institute of Pakistan 1999-2002
- SGS Pakistan Pvt. Ltd, Karachi, Pakistan – Quality Assurance & Business Development Executive
- Sun Development Foundation (Project of USAID), Karachi, Pakistan – Manager Monitoring & Evaluation
- University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia – Research Assistant and Faculty at the Australian Business School
- Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan – Assistant Manager Learning & Development
- Institute of Business Management, Karachi – Senior Lecturer and Capstone Consultant
- Consultancy Projects:
- Supervised over 30 consultancy projects in the areas of Human Resources, Organizational Development, Capacity Development etc. List attached separately
Training Topic Venue Date Increasing Personal Effectiveness TeReSol Pvt Ltd (Islamabad) August 2017 Competency Based Interviewing Skills (Public Program) Karachi October 2017 Competency Based Interviewing Skills (Public Program) Habib University (Karachi) November 2017
Initiated Eureka Fair – a project display exhibition for the students of Technology, Innovations & Operations
Rauf.A ,Gulzar.S, and Baig.J; (2016) “Measuring the effectiveness of HR Metrics on Return on Investment – An empirical study on Pakistani Organizations” presented in the International Business Information Management Association Conference presented at Seville, Spain and published in conference proceedings .
- Member Australian Human Resource Institute
- Certified SAP ERP (HCM module)
- Certified IFC Business Edge Trainer
- Diversity Collegium / HR Metrics Global Diversity & Inclusion Benchmarks Consultant