Senior Lecturer Ms. Hira Mujahid joint Iobm on August 2019. She is enrolled in Ph.D (Economics) at the University of Karachi. She has earned M. Phill degree from Applied Economic Research Center. She has written seven research and few newspaper articles which has published in international journals and local newspapers respectively. She also participated in many international conferences. As well as work as a team player in organizing international conferences and seminars.
- PhD Economics (in process), Department of Economics, University of Karachi
- M.phil Economics 2014 Applied Economics Research Centre. University of Karachi
- M.A. Economics 2006-08. Department of Economics. University of Karachi.
- Senior Lecturer:
August 2018- present
College of Economics and Social Development.
Institute of Business Management,
Korangi Creek Karachi, Pakistan
- Research Associate
Sept 2016 – February 2018
National Centre for Maritime Policy Research
Bahria University Karachi Campus, Pakistan
- Visiting Lecturer
Jan 2015- May 2015
Maritime Training Institute
43 Timber Pond, Keamari, Karachi, Pakistan
- Visiting Lecturer
Oct 2010-April 2012
Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology
Sindhi Muslim Society, Karachi
- Trade, quality of institutions and Blue economy of Pakistan
- Mujahid H. and Alam. S., Institutions, human capital and economic output volatility: A case of open economies, (accepted on 27th November 2017), Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics
- Mujahid H, 2015 “The Impact Of Country Size and Trade Liberalization on Steady State Growth: in Pakistan” Global and Local Economic Review ISSN 17722-4241
- Mujahid H. and Alam. S., 2015. Trade liberalization, economic size and macroeconomic volatility: Empirical evidence from Pakistan, E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics 6(2): 027-037, ISSN 2141-7482.
- Mujahid H. and Alam. S., 2014, Service Sector as an Engine of Growth: Empirical analysis of Pakistan. Asian Economics and Financial Review. 4(3):377-386. ISSN: 2222-6737.
- Mujahid H. and Alam. S., 2014. The impact of financial openness, trade openness on macroeconomic volatility in Pakistan: ARDL Co Integration approach. E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics, Vol. 5(1): 001-008, ISSN 2141-7482.
- Mujahid H. and Alam. S., 2014. The Impact of Demand and Price Volatility in Pakistan: Co Integration Approach for Compensation Hypothesis”. Asian Economics and Financial Review. 4(6): 744-754 ISSN: 2222-6737.
- Mujahid H, 2014. Oil Prices, Fiscal Policy and Financial Openness. Empirical Economics Review. 3(1): 65- 82 ISSN 2222-9736
- Seaborne trade: Opportunities for Pakistan in “The Financial Daily” on 10th March 2017
- Environmental Challenges to Indian Ocean in “The Financial Daily” on 15th April 2017
- IMO and Maritime Security in “The Financial Daily” on 20th October 2017
- Int’l Challenges and Efficiency to Maritime Industry in “The Financial Daily” on 24th October 2017
- Review, “Sectoral Determinates of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from BRIC” for Issues in Business Management and Economics ISSN 2350-157X
TEAM MEMBER IN CONFERENCES /SEMINARS
- 11-13 Feb 2017, International Maritime Conference on “Strategic Outlook in The Indian Ocean Region 2030 And Beyond-Evolving Challenges and Strategies” at Pearl Continental, Karachi.
- Dec 2016, International Maritime Conference on “CPEC and Gwadar Port as Harbinger of Regional Integration and Maritime Economic Development” at Pearl Continental, Gawadar.
- 21st Nov 2016, Maritime Seminar on “World Fishery Day”
- 28th Sept 2016 Organized Maritime Seminar on “World Maritime Day”
- 23-27th December 2018, presented “Pakistan potential, opportunities and challenges to blue economy,, winter school of Maritime forum, Bahria university Karachi campus
- Completed 5 days Maritime Winter School organized by NIMA, Bahria University Karachi
- Certificated, Teacher development training certificate by Nazeer Hussain University
- Certificated one-day workshop “Writing Research Paper” jointly organized by Applied Research Centre University of Karachi & Institute of Research.
- Certificated, “Interdisciplinary Social Science International Conference”, faculty of arts, university of Karachi.