Industrial Engineering and Management
Falak Shad holds an MBA (Finance) degree from Institute of Business Management and a degree in BE (Industrial & Manufacturing) from NEDUET. She is currently enrolled in PhD (Energy and Environment management) program and has presented her research articles in couple of international conferences. Her research interest focuses on environmental issues, climate change, environmental Justice, supply chain management and Quality management. She also contributes in research journals as reviewer. She has six years of industrial experience in leading automotive industries as a head of production and purchase department. She is a certified ISO lead auditor by IRCA (UK) and possesses expertise on SAP in PP, MM and CO module.
- PhD Scholar (Environment and Energy management), Institute of Business Management
- MBA (Finance), Institute of Business Management 2010
- E (Industrial and Manufacturing Eng.), NED University of Engineering and Technology 2007
- Intermediate (H.S.C), E.C.H.S Government Girls College Karachi in 2002
- Matriculation (S.S.C), Hayat-ul-Islam Public School Karachi in 2000
Senior Lecturer Institute of Business management October 2013- till date
Deputy Manager Production and Purchase Landi Renzo Pakistan February 2010- September 2013 Assistant Manager Production Ghandhara Nissan Limited December 2007- February 2010 Assembly Engineer AuVitronics Limited January 2007-December 2007
Following projects were supervised by Falak shad Memon for the industrial sector.
- Improving customer care center productivity in Gaba Industries
- Productivity improvement in Reliance Textile
- Warehouse productivity improvement for selected logistic management company (name confidential)
- Implementing QMS in telecom sector (Company name confidential)
- Environmental justices and ethics
- Women and environmental issues
- Women Empowerment
- Green production and technologies
- Consumer buying perception
- Manufacturing process
- Production Management
- Climate change
- Quality Management
- Falak Shad Memon and Saima Mohsin: Employee Empowerment in decisions and organization’s development( A study of Manufacturing Industries of Pakistan (In review: Journal of Business and economics) (AAS)(PRJ)
- Saima Mohsin and Falak Shad Memon: Customer Acceptance Level of Green Products in Personal Care Industry, a study of Sindh market in Pakistan( In review: FWU Journal of social sciences) (AAS)( PRJ)
- Falak Shad Memon: Sea Level Rise: A Preliminary Economic evaluation of Sindh Coast, Asia Pacific- Annual research journal of Far East and south East Asia, vol 34, 2016. (BDS)( PRJ)
- Falak Shad and Muhammad Yousuf Sharjeel: Catastrophic Effects of Floods on Environment and Health: Evidence from Pakistan, Pakistan Journal of Engineering Technology & Science, PJETS , vol 5, No (2) 2015. (BDS)( PRJ)
- Falak Shad Memon: Drought: From Continuous Catastrophe to Solution an Imperative Review of Pakistan Situation, 2016( In Review Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution) (BDS)( PRJ)
Conference Presentation / Participation
- Falak Shad Memon and Shahzleen Arshad (September, 2019): Gender Specific Barriers in Career Progression: A Study of Pakistani Women Employees: 15th South Asian Management Forum, Institute of Business Administration (IBA Sukkur)
- Participated in Conference of Youth on Climate Change – COY Pakistan (March, 2019), Marriott Hotel Karachi.
- Falak Shad Memon (October, 2018): Environmental Justice, A way to sustainable development: Conference presentations, 3th International conference on experiential learning, Institute of Business management.
- Falak Shad Memon and Saima Mohsin (March, 2018): Employee Empowerment in decisions and organization’s development, A study of Manufacturing Industries of Pakistan: Conference presentations, 5th International conference on contemporary issues in business management, University of central Punjab.
- Falak Shad Memon: Women Vulnerability to climate change: An Imperative analysis in Pakistan perspective: Conference presentation, December 2016 Women, Environment and Environmental Justice (ICWEEJ)
- Falak Shad Memon 2015: Catastrophic Effects of Floods on Environment and Health: Evidence from Pakistan: Conference Presentation on 3rd International Conference of Environmental Horizon, 2015 Department of Chemistry, University of Karachi.
- Falak Shad Memon 2015: Sea Level Rise: A Preliminary Economic evaluation of Sindh Coast, Conference Presentation On 2nd International Conference of Environmental of Environment & Energy, Department of Engineering, Quaid-e-Awam University, Nawabshah
- Emotional Intelligence, Faculty Development program, Institute of business management
- Certified lead Auditor of by ISO 9001:2015 IRCA (UK)
- Waste Water Treatment (CPD training program)
- Faculty Development Workshop (Blue Ocean Strategy) , Institute of Business Management
- Work Shop on “Using Big Data Analytics in Enhancing Quality of Education”, Institute of Business Management.
- Energy Audit Tools and Techniques , NED University of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty Professional Development , Institute of Business Management
- SAP ( PP and MM module)
- Activity Based Costing
- Dash board Reporting on excel
- 5S and Kaizen
- Government BodiesPakistan Engineering CouncilJournals
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (JAERE)
Journal of the Community Development Society