Computer Science and MIS Department
Engr. Muhammad Asghar Khan has a Master’s degree in Network and e-business centered computing from University of Reading (UK), Master of Business Administration and Master of HRM from Australian Catholic University (Aus), MS in Computer Software Engineering from NUST and BS Computer Engineering from Sir Syed University.He has seven years of teaching and industrial experience of various national and international organizations. His areas of interest are Cyber Security; Open Source ERP and IS Audit. Mr. Khan is a member of many professional bodies such as Pakistan Engineering counsel, Australian Endeavour Network, ISACA and Australian Human Resources Institute
|MBA||Business Administration||Australian Catholic University, Australia||2012-2014|
|MSc||Network & e-Business Centred Computing||University of Reading, UK||2007-2009|
|MS||Computer Software Engineering||National university of Sciences & Technology, Pakistan||2003-2005|
|BS||Computer Systems Engineering ( Four Year Engineering Program)||Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology , Pakistan||1998-2002|
|Assistant Professor (CS & MIS)||Institute of Business Management, (CBM)||Karachi, Pakistan||Since 5th September 2011|
|Anti Malware Analyst||Clearswift Limited||Reading, UK||Feb 2010 – July 2011|
|System Administrator||Geo Television Network||Karachi, Pakistan||May 2006- Sep 2006|
|IT Officer||Efroze Chemical Private Limited||Karachi, Pakistan||June 2005 – April 2006|
|Incharge Labs||Sir Syed Institute of Technology||Islamabad, Pakistan||Oct 2003 – July 2004|
Efficiently Monitoring Hypervisor Based Virtual Environment
This project reviews state of the art in the field of VM monitoring. The monitoring characteristics of different VM environment including Xen, Vmware, Hyper-V are discussed. Capabilities for existing hypervisor based monitoring tools and libraries (e.g libvirt, xenman, NetIQ) are mentioned. GridRM is an extensible, wide-area, monitoring system that specialises in combining data from existing agents and monitoring systems so that a consistent view of the underlying resources and services can be achieved, regardless of heterogeneity. This project proposed a design model which extends the GridRM capabilities for hypervisor-based environments. A prototype is implemented as a proof of concepts.
Efficient Data storage for continual Queries
Managing multiple versions of semi structured data for dynamically grouped continual queries was the issue of this research. We have proposed an indexing and pointing technique to reduce the version proliferation of grouped queries’ results. In this technique data is stored only once for each node of the XML tree and pointed by multiple updates of the multiple continual queries. The evaluation of the proposed model for the data storage is optimal in terms of retrieval time and storage consumption.
- Khan, M W, Khan M A , Alam M, Ali W (2016), Impact of Big Data over Telecom Industry, PJET, Vol 6, Issue 2.
- Khan, M A (2016), Impact of Development of Technology on Education: Key Micro and Macro Economies of Australia, PJET, Vol 6, Issue 1.
- Australian Education Ambassador for Pakistan
- Australian Government 2012 Endeavour Postgraduate Award
- EU Erasmus Mundus NEBCC Studentship
- Sir Syed University Scholarship
- NUST Semester Scholarships
- Member of Pakistan Engineering Council (Reg # Comp. Engg. 1705)
- Member of International Economics Development Research Center (IEDRC), Hong Kong
- International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT), Singapore
- Member of Information System Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)