Head of Media Studies Department
Senior Fellow, Marketing Department
Ejaz Wasay joined the Institute of Business Management as Senior Fellow Marketing in January 1, 2011. A year later, he was appointed Head of the Department of Media Studies, a position he has held since, in addition to his teaching role in Marketing.
He has over 37 years of industry experience in Marketing, Corporate Communications and Advertising, having worked with leading local companies as well as MNCs including UBL, Orient McCann-Erickson, Lever Brothers (now Unilever), Glaxo, Philips and Gillette. With Gillette over a period of 10 years (1984 to 1994), he worked in Pakistan, Brazil and the Middle-East, and was last based in Dubai – UAE, as Marketing Manager Middle East.
He remained a Council Member of the Marketing Association of Pakistan (MAP) for over 15 years, and was its President in 2005. He has been writing for publications such as Aurora and Marketing Review for over 20 years. He has been a Jury Member of PAS Awards since its inception.
- 1972: MBA – Marketing Major (Dec.’72): IBA, University of Karachi, Karachi
- 1970: B.Sc. – Chemistry, Zoology, Botany: Adamjee Science College, Karachi
- Effective Management Programme (EMP II) in Berlin – 1994
- Effective Management Programme (EMP I) in Singapore – 1987
- Leadership Skills (Cyprus – 1986)
- Sales Training Programme (Egypt – 1984)
- Unilever Advertising Conference, Megamendung, Indonesia (1984)
- Unilever Asian Marketing Conference in Bangkok, Thailand (1977).
37 years in corporate sector in Pakistan & overseas, with MNC’s (Gillette, Philips, Lever) & local companies:
Jan 01, 2011 – To date
HoD Media Studies & Senior Fellow Marketing
Aug 15, 2006-Dec 18, 2010
Position: Head Marketing Services & Corporate Communications
Jan 1, 2005-Aug 14, 2006
Position: Head of Corporate Communications
Apr 1999–Dec 2004
Orient McCann-Erickson, Karachi.
Position: Executive Director
May 1998-Jan 1999
PMCL / Mobilink, Karachi. Position: GM Marketing
Philips Pakistan Limited, Karachi
Commercial Manager – Light (Year 1)
Manager – Corporate Affairs (Year 2)
Sales & Marketing Manager – Refrigerator Business(3 Years)
Gillette Middle-East, Dubai – UAE.
Position: Marketing Manager
Gillette do Brasil e Cia, Rio de Janeiro.
Position: Sr. Brand Manager
Gillette Pakistan Limited, Karachi.
Position: Marketing Director
R-Lintas Limited, Karachi
Position: Client Service Director
Occasional contact now.
12 years (7 years as permanent faculty IoBM).
Articles in international publications.
Reviewer of research papers for PBR.
- Contributed articles to Marketing Review (MAP).
- Regular contributor: Aurora (Herald Group publication).
Jury Member Pakistan Advertisers Society Awards for last 8 years.
- Social – DHA Creek Club.
- Council Member of Marketing Association of Pakistan (MAP) since 1985; President in 2005; Organized / conducted two international conferences MARCON 1999 and MARCON 2004 for MAP.
- Jury Member, PAS (Pakistan Advertisers’ Society) Awards since 2011.