Industrial Engineering Department
Senior Fellow / Professor
Dr. Muhammad Irshad Khan Holds a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering and a Postgraduate Diploma from University of Bradford, UK. He has over 30 years experience of Industry and Management and is a registered consultant of the Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah and SMEDA, Pakistan. He is a professional member of Institute of Industrial Engineers, USA.
- B.Sc., from Karachi University in 1962.
- Post Graduate Diploma from University of Bradford (UK) in 1967
- Ph.D. (Chem. Eng) from University of Bradford (UK) in 1972
- Senior Fellow, Industrial Engineering & Management Department, at Institute of Business Management, Korangi Creek, Karachi, from September 2004 to date
- Assistant Process Engineer at Rank Xerox Ltd., Elstree (UK) for two And half years. (July 1963 to September 1965)
- Assistant Experimental Officer at Warren Spring Laboratory, Ministry of Science & Technology(U.K) for one year.( October 1965 to September 1966)
- Associate professor at Sind University for three months.
- Pool Scientist at Pakistan Science Foundation, Islamabad for 8 moths. (Sept. 1973 to April 1974)
- Manager Technical & Operations at Board of Management (Sind)/ Ghee Corporation for six and half years. ( May 1974 to Dec. 1980 )
- Manager Business Development at General Tyre & Rubber company, Karachi for 8 years.(Dec.1980 to October 1988)
- Managing Director at Nutri Pak Food Industries, Karachi for 6 years.(October 1988 to Nov.1994)
- Managing Director at NIF Engineering Ltd., Karachi for 4 years. (Nov.1994 to Dec.1998)
- Director Operations at Kohinoor Tea (Pvt) Ltd., Karachi for 6 years (Dec. 1998 to Aug. 2004)
- Consultant at International Multi group of companies, Karachi from August 1995 to March 1997. Work involved setting up a Edible oil processing unit at Jabal Ali , Dubai.
- Designed and set up a Ghee/ Edible oil unit at Nutri Pak Industries Limited, Karachi. From August 1998 to December 1990..
- Set up a tea blending and Packaging plant at Kohinoor Tea (pvt) limited, Karachi in 2000
Supervised Projects for following industries
- English Biscuit Manufacturing
- Hinao Pak
- Razak Associate
- Karachi Port Trust
- Production and operations Management
- Project Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Analysis of Pakistan’s Industry
- The Mixing and segregation of Particulate solids of different particle size. Paper Published in “The Chemical Engineer” by Institution of Chemical Engineers, London. No.269, January 1973.
- International Buyers requirements under WTO. Paper published in Pakistan Business review July 2017.
- Case Study: Pakistan Edible oil Industry (In-progress)
- Enterprise Asset Management and financial analysis
- Upgrading of course project management
- Member Institute of Industrial Engineers, USA
- Islamic Development Bank Jeddah and SMEDA, Pakistan
- Consultant at International Group of Companies, Karachi from August 1995 to March 1997.