Management & HRM Department
Dr. Muhammad Arif TI (M) Captain (Rtd) Pakistan Navy holds PhD in management sciences and MBA in HRM also did his Master in Maritime Affairs. Has undergone number of Management and leadership courses at national/ international level. Has held various command and staff appointments also served as Base Commander of a Submarine Base, Director Submarine Training center, Director Training of all Karachi based Educational/Training organizations overseeing the Educational Quality Standards (EQSs) of Bahria University and all school’s/ cadet colleges of Province of Sindh. Has also served as Commandant/Project Director of Cadet College Sanghar. Has a versatile and enriched teaching/management and Educational Quality Assurance experiences. He has served as senior faculty member at Pakistan Naval Academy as well as Directing Staff at Pakistan Navy Staff & Management College Lahore teaching Management/Leadership as well as supervising the research works of senior national and international military officers. As Director Submarine Training Center Dr. Arif was awarded Tumgha-e-Imtiaz Military TI (M) by the President of Pakistan in recognition of his unique efforts of single handedly managing and leading the team that indigenously produced various quality training & educational simulators/standards using local resources and talent. He is an active researcher and has published research articles in peer reviewed national/international journals and has lead a number of seminars on Policy making/Strategic issues at the national/international level.
- PhD Management Science from SZABIST with distinction and was awarded Chancellor’s certificate of merit.
- MBA HRM from SZABIST with distinction winning Gold Medal
- Master in Maritime Affairs from Bahria University.
- BSc (Hons) Karachi University
- Education and Operations analysis course from Australia
- Executive officer course from Turkey
- Stress management course from Italy
- Leadership course from HRM center of Pakistan Navy
- Education development course from PN Institute of Management
- Staff and Management Course PN staff college Lahore
- Fellowship Course of International Law from Pakistan Research Society of International Law (RSIL)
- Have attended number of workshops on Management/HRM/Leadership both at the national and international level
- Commandant and Project Director of Cadet College Sanghar from 2012 to 2018. Completely transformed Cadet College Sanghar as Principal and Project Director both in terms of academics and infrastructure development. Planned, executed and completed 136 various projects including 36 civil works projects. Inducted and trained competent faculty equipped the college with state of the art new facilities in terms of IT, labs, and library and sports facilities. The college has now become a sort after institution in the region of interior Sindh.
- Director Sindh based education/training institution under Pakistan Navy from 2010 to 2012.
- Director of Submarine Training Centre. 2008 to 2010. As Director Submarine Training Center was awarded Tumgha-e-Imtiaz Military TI (M) by the President of Pakistan in recognition of his unique efforts of single handedly managing and leading the team that indigenously produced three submarine Training simulators using local resources and talent for the training of submarine crew; thereby saving a huge amount of national exchequer
- Base Commander submarine logistic unit PNS ABDOZE from 2007 to 2008.
- Senior faculty member and Directing Staff at Pakistan Navy Staff and Management College Lahore from 2003 to 2007; teaching Management/Leadership as well as supervising the research works of senior national and international military officers.
- Executive officer of Submarine 2001 to 2003.
- Faculty member at Pakistan Naval Academy from 2000 to 2001.
- Also held various management and staff appointments since 1988 to 2000.
- Conducted evaluation of four Capstone Projects by MBA final year students of IoBM during spring 2019.
- Has vast Teaching experience of Strategic Management/HRM/Leadership as well as supervising the research work of the students/subordinates in various capacities. Research activities are mostly directed in the domain of strategic management the core of which is the development/application of Balanced Score Card (BSC).PhD dissertation as well as most of the peer researched article have been focused on mapping the efficacy of BSC as strategic management tool as it draws a lot of scholarly discussion at present and is the going concern of many of the corporate as well as public organizations.
- Revamped complete syllabi and training methodology of PN Maritime Training Complex in 2010.
- Led PN contingent to Turkish Naval Academy at Tuzla Istanbul to study their cadets training methodology for the purposes of updating curricula at Pakistan Naval Academy
- Prepared Complete ashore training management methodology for all training units at Karachi including all schools/colleges under the supervision of PN as per the Balanced Score Card in 2011
- Coordinating and arranging data from various IoBM departments for the preparation of EA for AACSB.
- Attended three online review meetings of IoBM’s EA application on various dates with Dr. Kringrey and Miss Liyan stationed at Singapore.
- Tasked to prepare Strategic Plan 2019-2024 of CBM by Rector IoBM and submitted first DRAFT on 26 June 2019.
- ‘What Matter Most Among Human Factors To Comply With Organizations’ Information Security Policy’ Presented at Kingston University UK on 7-8 July 2011 at HAISA Symposium. Paper has been published in conference proceedings.
- ‘Acquisition and Development of Human Capital in Services Domain: the Interconnectedness of Human Capital Resources’ Presented at Intelect Based International Consortium (IIC) of USA in Sydney Australia on 24-27 Nov 2011. Paper has been published in the US. “Journal of Knowledge and Human Resource Management”.
- ‘Prospects of implementing Balanced Scored Card in Defense Services’ presented at International Research Conference (IRC), held at Regent Plaza Karachi 17 Dec 2011.
- “Creating Synergy through Balanced Score Card (BSC) for Organizational Strategic Objectives: A Study of Pakistan Defiance Services” the study has been published in HEC recognized journal , “Global Management Journal for Academic & Corporate Studies (GMJACS) of Bahria University Karachi Campus
- Many of the research articles have been published in the proceeding of the conferences which are under evaluation for publication in the journals.
- Under Publication “Brush with Reality” and “ Hasal-e-Zindegi”
- On 7th November 2019, attended Strategy Summit at Moven Pick.
- Attended workshop arranged by Dada Bhai Institute of Higher Education (DIHE) on 24 October 2019 and was awarded certificate.
- Attended 2 days Workshop with certificate of participation, by NBEAC on 4th and 5th July, 2019.
- Attended Workshop on 18th Oct 2019, at QEC, IBA.
- On 24 January 2019 attended a lecture by Dr. Richerd R Shurtz, President of Stanford University USA on, “Teaching and Experiential Learning at EMEC of IoBM”.
- Participated on behalf of QEC IoBM in Seminar on “Embedding Technology and Developing Procedures in Education” on 16 May 2019.
- On 23 May 2019 participated in the Seminar “ IoBM Envisions Using LMS Interactive and Blended Learning” and gave a presentation on “LMS in Support of QEC”
- Attended a workshop on’ “Branding and publishing the Research” on 29 May 2019 at EMEC of IoBM.
- Attended two days’ workshop on, “Revamping the Undergraduate Curriculum” from 17 to 18 June at Agha Khan University (AKU) arranged by HEC and was awarded with the certificate.
- Attended seminar on, “Evolution of a Research Group and its Self-Sustenance” by Dr. Amir Iqbal, Dean Capital University of Science & Technology and founder of CASPR research group.
- Gave a presentation to DEAN and all HODs of CBM on, “Revamping Undergraduate Curriculum” on 24 June 2019.
- Led debate on regional security at defense services academy Azerbaijan as senior faculty member from PN Staff and Management College in March 2005.
- Acted as Seminar leader presented at staff college Beirut Lebanon.
- Led Seminar on regional and social issues at Strategic Institute Beijing and National Social Academy Shanghai China in April 2006.
- Led seminar on world strategic interests in Persian Gulf at Inter Services Defense College Manama Bahrain in 2007.
- Arranged Faculty development training through, “Bahria Institute of Teachers’ Training (BITT)”.
- Have enriched experience of conducting Executives Development Training in :
- Organization Development
- Change Management
- Achieving Organizational Strategy through Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- Worked extensively on preparation of IoBM’s Eligibility Application (EA) for the accreditation of AACSB since Jan 2019.
- Revised IoBM Faculty Hand Book.
- Revised Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of all the CBM departments aligning them with Vision and Mission of CBM.
- Appointed as Deputy Head QEC IoBM since 25 March 2019 as an additional charge.
- Conducted Mock Review of M phil/MS & PhD programs of IoBM from 29 to 30 April.
- Arranged Institutional Performance Evaluation (IPE) of IoBM by External Review Dr. Mahar of Khair Pur University on 13 May 19.
- Appointed as team member of Moodles implementation Project by Rector IoBM on 14 May 2019.
- Organised and participated on behalf of QEC IoBM in Seminar on “Embedding Technology and Developing Procedures in Education” on 16 May 2019.
- Member of US based, “Intellect based International Consortium (IIC)”.
- Member of the “Research Society of International Law (RSIL)” based at Lahore in the chambers of renowned expert on International Law; Mr Ahmar Bilal Soofi.