Accounting and Finance Department
Counseling Hours: Monday to Thursday
12:00 pm to 02:00 pm
Dr. Imam Uddin is an active academician and a researcher in the field of Islamic Banking & Finance. He has got more than ten years of experience in Teaching, research, product development, product management and Sharia’ compliance and authored multiple books and numerous research papers that have been published in the International Journal of Islamic Finance recognized by the AAOIFI, IRTI, and IDB etc. He has earned his PhD in Islamic Finance from University of Karachi, LL.B in International Law from FUUAST & PGD in Islamic Banking & Finance from Center for Islamic Economics (CIE). He has served the Islamic Banking Group, National Bank of Pakistan, Mohammad Ali Jinnah University Karachi, University of Balochistan Quetta and DHA Suffa University Karachi. Currently he is associated with the College of Business Management Institute of Business Management as an Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting & Finance.
LL.B (International Law) FUUAST Karachi 2011 PhD (Islamic Finance) University of Karachi 2008 M.Phil. leading to PhD (Islamic Finance) University of Karachi 2005 Specialization in Islamic Jurisprudence Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi 2005 Masters (Major: Islamic Finance) University of Karachi 2003 Masters (Arabic & Islamic Studies) University of Karachi 2003 Shahadat-ul-Aalima (Equivalent to Masters in Arabic & Islamic Studies) Wifaqul Madaris – Pakistan 2002 Bachelors (Major: Islamic Finance & Islamic Economics) University of Sindh, Jamshoro –
PGD (Islamic Banking & Finance) Centre for Islamic Economics (CIE), Karachi) 2006
Associate Professor Institute of Business Management (IoBM) Since April, 2015-to date Assistant Professor & HoD Basic Sciences & HumanitiesFaculty of Economics & Management sciences DHA Suffa University Karachi Jan 2014 to March 2015 Assistant Professor University of Balochistan Nov 2011 to Dec 2012 Assistant Professor Mohammad Ali Jinnah University July 2011 to Oct 2011 Lecturer Center for Islamic Economics, (CIE) January 2005 to June 2011
Vice President/Member Shariah Committee Aitemaad Islamic Banking – National Bank of Pakistan Dec 2013 to Dec 2014
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS/WORKSHOP ATTENDED
- 10th foundation of Islamic Finance Conference 2018 (FIFC) 23rd – 24th Jan 2018 at Lancaster university management school UK
- 1st World Islamic Economics and Finance Conference (WIEFC – 2018) 3rd & 4th Jan 2018 at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.
- Workshop titled:“Islamic Finance for Academicians” 22nd August to Friday, 25th August, 2017, at the IBA City Campus in Karachi
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS ORGANIZED
- November 29-30, 2017: International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance – practice, Regulation & Sustainability.
- Islamic Economics
- Islamic Banking & Finance
- Takaful & Risk Management
- Islamic Banking Practices
- Islamic Capital Market
|Member Shariah Committee, Islamic Banking Group||National Bank of Pakistan|
|Member Scientific and Technical Committee||World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA|
|Editorial Review Board Member||World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA|
|Member Academic Council||Faculty of Economics & Management Sciences, DHA Suffa University Karachi|
|Member Board of Study||Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities, DHA Suffa University Karachi|
|Member, Curriculum Revision Committee||Balochistan Text Book Board Quetta|
|Member Penal of Examiners for Degree Classes||University of Balochistan,Quetta|
|Executive Member Indian School of Economics||Allahabad India|
|Member Departmental Admission Committee (MS/MPhil & PhD Program)||University of Balochistan, Quetta|
|Member editorial board: Research Journal of Business Administration||Preston University Karachi 2011|
|Member editorial board: Research Journal of Islamic Finance||Institute of Islamic Banking & Finance, Karachi 2011|
|Member editorial board||Research Journal “The Scholar” 2015|
- Produced four M.Phil./MS scholars
- Numerous PhD & MS/M.Phil scholars being supervised
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Uddin.I, Saleem.M.S,Mansoor.F.B.,Hassan.M.,Muhammad.G,(2017) Islamic Finance & Commercial Funding or Finance as Worship? Pakistan Business Review
- Uddin.I,Meraj.M,Nigina.Q,(2017).Monetary Transmission Mechanism in an Emerging Economy of the Republic of Tajikistan. International Review of Management and Business Research
- Uddin.I,Hussain.A,(2017) Effect of Capital Structure on Profitability of Conventional Banks of Pakistan. Pakistan Business ReviewImamuddin
- “REDEFINIG ECONOMIC SYSTEMS AS AN ISLAMIC ECONOMIC SYSTEM” Journal of Business Studies, Vol. 12, No. 1, Page 65 – 78, Spring 2016
- Imamuddin “Principles of Islamic Economics In The Light Of the Holy Quran and Sunnah” International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention ISSN (Online): 2319 – 7722, ISSN (Print): 2319 – 7714, www.ijhssi.org || Volume 5 Issue 5 ||May. 2016 || PP.48-54
- Imamuddin “Applying Financial Efficiency to Mitigate Systematic Risk”, European Journal of Business Management, Vol: 7, No. 28, 2015, P 79 to 96
- Imamuddin, “Attaining Financial Efficiency through Funds Utilization: The Bankers’ Perspective”. European Journal of Business Management,Vol: 7, No. 1, 2015, P 244 to 258
- Imamuddin, “To analyze the issues related to implementation of interest free banking in pakistan” Interdisciplinary Journal of contemporary Research in Business, 2012, vol. 04, No. 07, 605-620.
- Imamuddin,“Economics of Islam: Islamic Perspective of Banking in Pakistan”, 2013, Journal of Modern Accounting and Auditing, USA, (approved)
- Imamuddin, “Islamic Banking in Pakistan: Problems and Prospects” 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No.7, 42-72
- Imamuddin, “The Honour System Victimization and Islamic Restrictions for Global Communities.” interdisciplinary Journal of contemporary research in Business, 2012, Vol. 04, No. 07, 605-620.
- Imamuddin, “Honour System: an Empirical analysis” Asian Journal of empirical research, 2013, vol. 03, No. 05, 596-604
- Imamuddin, “Prospects and Challenges for Soft Drink Industry. Research Analysis of “Rooh Afza” as the Case.” RADIX International Journal of banking, finance and Accounting, 2013, vol. 02, No. 04, 01-46.
- Imamuddin, “Admission Process in Preston University” 2013, Research journal of Economics and Business Studies, vol. 02, No. 05, 596-604.
- Imamuddin, “Fatwa as non-state legal system” 2012, Research Journal of Islamic studies, Vol. 08, 172-194.
- Imamuddin, “The knowledge reviewing of objection on hadith declaration” 2006, Ahyaul uloom Karachi,vol. 03, No.1-2, 121-137
- Imamuddin, “Social justice: need and importance in the light of seerah” 2012, Islamic finance journal, vol. 01, No. 01, 1-13.
- Imamuddin, “Prepaid Visa Debit Cards of United Bank Limited” 2013, Research journal of Economics and Business Studies, vol. 02, 39-42.
- Imamuddin, “Prospects and challenges of banking sector in Service Industry”, 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No. 7, 321-323.
- Imamuddin, “Leasing Industry in Pakistan: Problems and Prospects” 2013, Asian journal of Research in business and Management, vol. 3 No.7, 24-31
- Imamuddin, “Failure of corporate governance in Pakistan Railway” 2013, International journal of multidisciplinary sciences and engineering.Vol. 4, no. 5, 48-49
- Imamuddin, “ Perception and Impact towards dangerous affect of smoking on health”, 2013, International journal of science and IT management, vol. 02, 1-8
- Imamuddin, “Critical Analysis of Organization of air blue”, 2013, “Eurasian Research journal, vo. 1, No. 01, 12-17
- Besides teaching and research activities, Dr. Imamuddin is also the director of the “Centre of Islamic Banking & Finance” which is being operated under the umbrella of the Department of Accounting and Finance. He has not only organized the First International Conference on Islamic Banking & Finance at IoBM in the month of November, 2017 but also engaged in offering and initiating different training programs on Islamic banking & finance with an objective to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Moreover, he is the head of research group titled, “Islamic Economic, Banking and Finance” at IoBM, where he initiates, manages and evaluate research activities performed by other members of the group to make IoBM a regional leading research organization in the field of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance.
Member Shariah Committee, Islamic Banking Group National Bank of Pakistan Member Scientific and Technical Committee World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA Editorial Review Board Member World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology,Riverside, Connecticut, CT 06878, USA Member Academic Council Faculty of Economics & Management Sciences, DHA Suffa University Karachi Member Board of Study Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities, DHA Suffa University Karachi Member, Curriculum Revision Committee Balochistan Text Book Board Quetta Member Penal of Examiners for Degree Classes University of Balochistan,Quetta Executive Member Indian School of Economics Allahabad India Member Departmental Admission Committee (MS/MPhil & PhD Program) University of Balochistan, Quetta Member editorial board: Research Journal of Business Administration Preston University Karachi 2011 Member editorial board: Research Journal of Islamic Finance Institute of Islamic Banking & Finance, Karachi 2011 Member editorial board Research Journal “The Scholar” 2015