Management & HRM Department
Counseling Hours: Monday to Tursday 02:00 pm to 04:00 pm
Saturday: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm and by appointment
Dr. Fazal Khalidi has nearly thirty years of senior level corporate and consultancy experience with leading global pharmaceutical companies, GSK and Pfizer, in Pakistan and the United Kingdom in the areas of General Management, Marketing and Sales, and Training and Development. His educational qualifications include MS Marketing (University of Salford, UK), MBA (IBA, Karachi), and MBBS (Dow Medical College). He has also attended an Executive Development Program at Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA. He is a recipient of the prestigious Chevening Scholarship awarded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
|MBBS||Dow Medical College||1984|
|MS Marketing||University of Salford, UK||1992|
|Executive Development Program||Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA||1999|
|Registered Medical Practitioner||Pakistan Medical & Dental Council||–|
|2010-Continue||Assistant Professor||Institute of Business Management|
|1997-2010||Adjunct Faculty, College of Management Science||PAF-KIET,PAF Base Korangi, Karachi|
- Twenty three years of senior level experience with leading global pharmaceutical companies (GSK and Pfizer). Areas of expertise include general management, turnaround management, marketing and sales, and training and development in Pakistan, UK and Africa.
- Consultancy projects in corporate strategy development, turnaround management, business development, sales management and training.
- Conducted over 100 video interviews of leading Pakistani entrepreneurs. The list includes the founders of Shan Foods, National Foods, Student Biryani, Javed Nihari, Interflow, Bake Parlor, 14th Street Pizza, Avari Towers, Cupola Group, Anis Hussain, T2F, Imtiaz Store, Chippa, Bar B Q Tonite, etc.
- Videos are used for classroom training and instruction.
- Case studies and research papers, based on these interviews, are under process.
Corporate Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior.
Entrepreneurial Motives, Leadership and Power, Motivation, Conflict Management.
- Video interviews of over 100 leading entrepreneurs of Pakistan for classroom instruction and for developing case studies.
- Interviews of industry managers on Motivation for classroom discussion and research.
- Classroom debates on Organizational Behavior topicsto generate alternate points of view.
- Strategic Management term projects employ direct interaction with senior industry managers to understand industry dynamics and corporate strategies.
- 1993: A Study of Advertising Agencies in the International Environment: Motivation and Internationalization. (Cardiff Business School, UK)
- Khalidi, FA; Whitelock, J; Woodruff HR (1993) A Study of Advertising Agencies in the International Environment: Motivation and Internationalization. Service Industries Management Research Unit Conference Proceedings (Managing Innovation in Services, 5-7 April 1993, Cardiff Business School, University of Wales, UK)(AAS)(APMP)
- Pakistan Business Review
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Conducted training programs for USAID, Pakistan Steel, Jaffer Brothers, GSK, Pfizer.
- Chevening Scholarship 1991-92, awarded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, to study for MS at the University of Salford, UK.
- 3rd Position: Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (1975).
- Merit Scholarship: Board of Intermediate Education (1996-98).
- Member, American Management Association.
- Member, Management Association of Pakistan
- Member, Marketing Association of Pakistan
- Member, Pakistan Medical Association
- Member, British Alumni Association of Pakistan
- Member, Chevening Scholars Alumni Association
- Member, IBA Alumni Association
- Charter Member, Lions International