Electrical Engineering Department
Abdullah Aziz is a gold medalist from the National University of Science & Technology (NUST) in Masters of Science (Mechanical Engineering). He did his Bachelors of Engineering (Mechanical) from NED University of Engineering & Technology.
He has a combined experience of six (06) years with four (04) years in academia. He began his career at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works as Assistant Superintendent (ASp) and took charge as acting Manager (QHSE) before he began pursuing his career in academia. He joined NEDUET as a Lecturer but soon left for PhD from Canterbury, New Zealand. He had returned early due to family concerns and joined IoBM as a permanent faculty.
He is NEBOSH ICG1 & GC3 certified, ISO 22000 Associate, ISO 9001 Lead Auditor, OHSAS 18001 Auditor, and Six Sigma Green Belt.
He loves to travel and been to Turkey, New Zealand, UAE, & Saudi Arabia and wishes to travel to East Asia and Scandinavian Countries.
Awards & Honors
- Gold Medalist, 1st Position in Batch of 2015 at NUST Graduate Program
- HBL Scholarship Program 2009 to 2012 (Undergraduate)
- 1st Position in Karachi Intercollege General Knowledge Quiz 2008
2015 Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, NUST 2012 Bachelors of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, NEDUET
Accreditations & Certifications
- NEBOSH (International General Certificate) ICG1 (RRC International UK) “Management of international health and safety”
- NEBOSH GC3 (RRC International UK) “Health and safety practical application”
- ISO 22000:2005 Workshop (SGS Pakistan) “Awareness and Implementation of Food Safety Management System”
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor (ESENEK, Turkey) “Quality Management System Lead Auditor Course”
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Auditor (TQCSI PAKISTAN) “Occupational Health & Safety Management System Auditor Course”
- Six Sigma Green Belt (CCEE NEDUET, Pakistan) “Lean Manufacturing using Six Sigma
- Certified Autodesk AUTOCAD User (ER Solutions, PK) “AutoCAD Mechanical User”
- IELTS 7.5
- GAT-Subject Mechanical 86.5%
- GAT-General 97.9%
- Defect Analysis, KPI, Hazard Analysis, Task Risk Assessment Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) Construction Site Safety
- Lean manufacturing: Process monitoring
- Compliance Auditing of Management Systems: ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000:
- Scheduling, Auditing, Report Writing, CA/PA,
- Five-S (5S: Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, Sustain)
- Microsoft Office Pro 2013/16; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 and LightRoom CC Classic 2018
|2017 till date||Lecturer (Mechatronics), College of Engineering & Sciences, IoBM, Karachi, Pakistan|
|2016||Ag. Chairperson (Mechanical), Assistant Professor (Mechanical), Nazeer Hussain University, Karachi, Pakistan|
|2016||Teaching Assistant, (Mechanical), Administrative Assistant (Mechanical), University of Canterbury Christchurch, New Zealand|
|2015||Lecturer (Mechanical), Area Coordinator, Student Advisor, NED University of Science & Technology Karachi, Pakistan|
|2013||Ag. Manager (QHSE), Assistant Superintendent (QA), (HSE), Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works Karachi, Pakistan|
- 2018 (on-going) Industrial Project at DairyLand (PVT) Ltd.
- 2017 (on-going) Industrial Project at National Refinery Limited
- 2017 Participated in the 2nd ICEL (International Conference on Experiential Learning)
- 2016 Liaison with HR Department at Civil Aviation Authority for internship for IoBM Electrical Department Students.
- 2015 Organizing Member DICE Energy Exhibition 2015
- Liaison with HR Department at the following industries for projects or internships:
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA-HQ)
- Habib Bank Limited
- Abbott Laboratories Pakistan Limited
- Indus Motors Company Limited
- Dairyland Limited
- The Resource Group (TRG)
- National Refinery Limited
- Colgate Palmolive
Courses Taught & Interest
|Graduate||Operations Management, Production Planning & Control, Lean Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing, Environmental and Safety Management|
|Undergraduate||Principles of Applied Mechatronics, Probability in Engineering, Applied Physics, Instrumentation & Measurement, Renewable Energy, Health, Safety & Environment|
- Thermal Fluid Mechanics
- Six Sigma
- Robotics & Automation
Implementation of Outcome Based Education
Learning intent is expressed as outcomes which reflect educational aims, purposes and values. The criteria for assessing learning are aligned to the intended outcome.
Psychological & Emotional Analysis of Students
Each students is observed separately and the behavior is analyzed.
- 2018 Effect of unequal baffle spacing on pressure drop in a small shell and tube heat-exchanger (to be presented at ICEL 18)
- 2018 Mechanical analysis of forces and stresses required in fabrication of Hexacoptor.
- 2017 CFD of Closed Geothermal Reservoirs Using Eulerian and Manhattan 2D Voronoi Diagrams. (under review)
- 2016 Exergy analysis of solar cabinet dryer and evaluate the performance enhancement of solar cabinet dryer by addition of solar reflectors. [IJRER]
- 2015 Study of Effect of Number of Baffle Plates on Heat Transfer in Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger Using CFD. [Master’s Thesis]
- 2013 HSE Support Plan for Ship Lift Transfer System at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works. [Short Project]
- 2012 Implementation of Six Sigma Methodologies in a Refinery. [Bachelors Thesis]
|2018||Career Counseling Talks MAP Collegiate, GOALs initiative & MasterGee|
|2017||Motivational Speaker & Fundraise for NGO: Global Human Rights|
|2016||Tutored voluntarily to children of local security guards for their secondary school curricula|
|2013||Jatropha plantation across PNS Jauhar & Naval Housing Society|
|2010||30 Day ration distribution in various parts of the city during Ramadan|
|2008||Volunteered at earthquake relief camps|
- Student Member UC Recreation Center, New Zealand
- Registered Engineer (Lifetime Member) Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan
- ASQ Fellow Member (Since 2012) American Society of Quality, USA